[Talk-transit] London Bridge

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Fri Sep 18 15:39:07 BST 2009

2009/9/18 Frankie Roberto <frankie at frankieroberto.com>:

> 2009/9/18 Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org>
>
>> Its very difficult as London Bridge is based on about 6 layers with
>> random escalators, lifts and ramps connecting it up.
>>
>> I'm thinking the building should only cover parts with a roof on and
>> hence really needs cutting up.....
>
> Yeah, agree.
>

>> Is there a marker I can put up to say where the trains actually stop
>> and that you need to move down the platform.
>
> Ideally, there should a way per railway track, and a way per platform (you
> can map platforms as areas, but it seems to work better as linear ways).  If
> there's a way that represents more than one track (eg two tracks running
> between island platforms, add tracks=2).
>
> Then, make a node on each track to represent where the trains stop. There
> can be more than one of these if there are a few stopping points (eg
> platform 1a, 1b).  Tag this railway=stop.
>
> All of these stopping points, plus the platforms, plus the station building,
> should then all belong to the station's relation
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/205097) - ideally add
> role=stop to the stop nodes.

Ok I spouse I need stop markers for different number of carriages.
What about the back of the train?

Also I guess we are going to need a tag to say "The last set of doors
will not open" as the platform is not long enough.

Maybe we should have door marks, ie Rather than say the train stops
here say where the doors should be; I've seen these marked on the
platform in some parts of the world and parts of the Tube have
automatic doors fixed to the platform!

Peter.