[Talk-transit] [OSM-talk] Train station names: "Place Station" ou just "Place"?

Roger Slevin roger at slevin.plus.com
Sat Sep 19 10:21:44 BST 2009

You can use NaPTAN for the official rail station names as they are taken
from Network Rail ... you will find this easier!  IN NaPTAN we add "rail
station" because we need to ensure that it is clear that it is a rail
station and not a bus station or a coach station.

To my knowledge I am only aware of one rail station name that is slightly
different from the official rail version - I almost want to challenge
someone to find it, but I won't be so cruel!  The exception is Heathrow
Terminals 1-2-3 in which NaPTAN adds the word Airport to be consistent with
other airport rail stations.

Roger