[Talk-transit] Bus stop map

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Tue Sep 22 23:03:07 BST 2009

Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> schrieb:

> It was partly because I struggled with NOVAM that I knocked up this
> overlay.  I couldn't reconcile the NOVAM rules with the stops I have
> checked

As Thomas already said the rules were based on the tagging scheme from
the Birmingham import. They were also devised with the idea of
implementing a web-based bus-stops merging tool. However this idea has
been dropped as it is very easy to "merge" bus stops within josm.

I discussed a change of the colour scheme with Peter Miller a couple of
weeks ago on the West Midlands list:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb-westmidlands/2009-September/000342.html

At the moment I am moving to a new server and do not have time to do
any changes on NOVAM. But I plan to implement new rules in October.

It would be interesting to know which rules you used for your overlay.

> and I couldn't get the NOVAM map to print, so I couldn't take
> a paper reference out to use on the ground.

I never thought about the posibility of printing from NOVAM. I will see
if I can create a stylesheet for printing when I find time.

> I also needed an up-to-date map to show the local council what's
> going on.

The NOVAM is updated every five minutes from the OSM database (There
was a problem a couple of days ago, when the update process crashed but
this is fixed now).

Cheers,
Christoph