[Talk-transit] Missing flag

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Sep 23 09:11:14 BST 2009

I went to verify a bus stop last night and in the location I expected to find it found the bottom section of a lamppost with lots of yellow tape on the top, and a new lamppost immediately adjacent. I figure something happened to the old lamppost which had the flag attached (accident, perhaps - it was nearest light to a mini-roundabout) and while the lamp post was replaced the flag hasn't (yet).
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/474893414

If I see a bus actually stop there do I add physically_present=no and just keep an eye on it until the flag gets replaced (which I assume it will be eventually, although the number of broken signs which are little more than a bracket on a lamppost which I might not have found without the import suggests that they might not get replaced particularly regularly).

Oh, and does physically_present=yes mean that a bus stop flag is present? Or will a yellow box painted on the road and labelled bus stop but without an adjacent flag also count?

Ed