[Talk-transit] Missing flag

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Wed Sep 23 09:22:30 BST 2009

2009/9/23 Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>:
> I went to verify a bus stop last night and in the location I expected to find it found the bottom section of a lamppost with lots of yellow tape on the top, and a new lamppost immediately adjacent. I figure something happened to the old lamppost which had the flag attached (accident, perhaps - it was nearest light to a mini-roundabout) and while the lamp post was replaced the flag hasn't (yet).
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/474893414
>
> If I see a bus actually stop there do I add physically_present=no and just keep an eye on it until the flag gets replaced (which I assume it will be eventually, although the number of broken signs which are little more than a bracket on a lamppost which I might not have found without the import suggests that they might not get replaced particularly regularly).
>
> Oh, and does physically_present=yes mean that a bus stop flag is present? Or will a yellow box painted on the road and labelled bus stop but without an adjacent flag also count?
>
> Ed

Personally I would suggest that if its Painted on the road, its
Physically Present, whether the flag is there or not. I would suggest
that a bus stop that is not physically_present is one that is not
marked in any way shape or form, but a location where bus stop to take
on, or set down passengers. (This may include out side a Train Station
when a rail replacement service is running)

If the flag is missing, feel free to put that in the notes (unless
there is a tag for such things....)

(Maybe a railreplacement=yes tag might not be a bad idea)