[Talk-transit] Bus stop map

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Wed Sep 23 19:17:56 BST 2009

Jerry Clough - OSM <sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk> schrieb:

> I've been working on a set of GroundTruth rules to do something
> similar, but at the moment I only have 3 classes (OSM, NAPTAN and
> merged). If I can find rules which work I'll extend this according to
> Chris's colour scheme. At the moment I have it as a transparent
> overlay, but my icons are too small, and its too difficult to pick
> them out on the display of my Garmin: so I think I'll add the road
> system with the minimum of fancy display.
>
> Also my initial attempt was too ambitious the XAPI download of bus
> stops for the UK is now rather large!

I can give you a excerpt of the NOVAM database. I just need to write a
small script which dumps the database into an osm file.

The database contains all nodes within the UK which have either a
highway=bus_stop tag or a naptan:atcocode tag. It is currently updated
every five minutes.

I also have some python code that extracts all changes to bus stops
within the uk from the planet-changesets and applies them to the
database.

Christoph