[Talk-transit] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Train station names: "Place Station" ou just "Place" ?

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Fri Sep 25 09:47:44 BST 2009

I've been starting to do this, using ref= on the station relations (eg see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/255163).

You can get a full list of the station codes (and the official names) from
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/codes/

Can I invite anyone mapping UK railway stations to add references to
stations you've mapped to this wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_railway_stations

Frankie

2009/9/25 Péter Connell <p8r at connell.plus.com>

> They are CRS codes.
>
> Richard Mann wrote:
> > UK railway term for the three letter code (eg EUS for Euston) is (wait
> > for it): tlc
> > (most railway locations also have a 5-digit stanox, a 4-digit national
> > location code (nlc), a tiploc and several more, but for stations, the
> > tlc is the nearest to a meaningful short code)
> > I'd suggest something like tlc_ref
> > Richard

Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle