[Talk-transit] Relations for stop areas in NaPTAN

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Sep 28 14:05:28 BST 2009

On 28 Sep 2009, at 13:44, Jerry Clough - OSM wrote:

> I've just noticed that the relations for stop places generated in
> the NaPTAN import do not have a type. I just happened to be browsing
> through some KeepRight issues and noticed a number of relation
> without type ones.
>
> I'm sure its unimportant right now, but I wondered how the stop
> place/stop area/interchange ideas are firming up, and what I should
> do eventually with the NaPTAN data.

I noticed yesterday that the public transport article[1]  is still
linking to 'User:Oxomoa/Public transport schema' article for tagging
information even though this is a personal page and therefore not
something that others should touch.

For starters should we agree not to link to personal pages for tagging
information?

I have developed a Stop Area article[2] based on Oxomoa's proposal and
which also included feedback from CEN. It is currently available as a
'proposed feature'. however it should in general echo current
practice. Would it be appropriate to now move it into the main name-
space and use it as the primary overview article for stations, bus
stops etc?

If so should we just do it or do a formal vote first. Given that it is
actually now a summary of current practice I would recommend moving it
without voting but would be happy to follow the majority view.
Thoughts please!

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_Transport
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Stop_Area