[Talk-transit] Relations for stop areas in NaPTAN

Claudius Henrichs claudius.h at gmx.de
Mon Sep 28 16:13:21 BST 2009

Am 28.09.2009 15:05, Peter Miller:

> On 28 Sep 2009, at 13:44, Jerry Clough - OSM wrote:
>
>> I've just noticed that the relations for stop places generated in the
>> NaPTAN import do not have a type. I just happened to be browsing
>> through some KeepRight issues and noticed a number of relation
>> without type ones.
>>
>> I'm sure its unimportant right now, but I wondered how the stop
>> place/stop area/interchange ideas are firming up, and what I should
>> do eventually with the NaPTAN data.
>
> I noticed yesterday that the public transport article[1]  is still
> linking to 'User:Oxomoa/Public transport schema' article for tagging
> information even though this is a personal page and therefore not
> something that others should touch.
>
> For starters should we agree not to link to personal pages for tagging
> information?
>
> I have developed a Stop Area article[2] based on Oxomoa's proposal and
> which also included feedback from CEN. It is currently available as a
> 'proposed feature'. however it should in general echo current
> practice. Would it be appropriate to now move it into the main
> name-space and use it as the primary overview article for stations,
> bus stops etc?
>
> If so should we just do it or do a formal vote first. Given that it is
> actually now a summary of current practice I would recommend moving it
> without voting but would be happy to follow the majority view.
> Thoughts please!
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_Transport
> [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Stop_Area
>

> Regards,
>
> Peter

As a late-joiner to this list I definitely vote for moving Oxomoa's
proposal to the "public" wiki space.

Could anyone give a quick comment on what the consensus of the list
member's on using his proposal is? I've been using it extensively and
find it to be well though through and suitable for almost every possible
public transport layout and on the same time offering the best
possibility to have as much information covered in OSM as possible.

Claudius