[Talk-transit] Again about time tables, and some interesting sites

Andrei Klochko transportsplan3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:54:46 GMT 2010

Hi,
That is simply not true. I know what I am doing. And the site I intended to
make was not at all intended to work like OSM does. It would be based on a
massive participation of local, ordinary people, with hopefully very few
efforts on their part. Once I'll have gathered more than 10000 timetables,
ok, I will start really trying to get these authorizations. Because, as it
was said, did you try to contact companies, to get such authorizations? They
won't even answer you, no matter how hard you try. They WON't give you any
appointment with a person who would be entitled to give you this right to
use their data. As long as you do not represent a "major actor". You have to
capitalize data first. So you have to take this data, whenever you can take
it "by force". And I do not intend to "hope that no one will complain". I
intend to KNOW that no one will complain, or, what's more important, will BE
ABLE to complain; and for that, I will be asking and talking to as much
people as necessary. And once I know for certain,  for french law at least,
would they just try and sue me. They will be the ones to go down! This is
why i'm asking everywhere, and making noise, to get the answers I need, like
the one of Jacques. I need people who KNOW to answer me. And it is not
because they tell me "no you can't, because you can't", that I am going to
give up. Law is an equity thing. If law is ultimately on my side, with
proper defence, they won't be able to take me down! And if, ultimately, law
is on their side,  then I will keep searching a way to bypass it. I am not
just gonna wait and sit while google gets all its authorizations from the
companies, because of its cosmic wieght. This is why I got to know the
ultimate details. I need to see THE lawyer that knows precisely THIS thing!
And very precisely!
Sorry if I seem rude, I juste really want to get this done, or at least to
know I have tried everything I could. I did not mean to offend you, or
anyone else. I am just repeating what I think can be done with this
case...for what I know now.
Regards
Andrei