[Talk-transit] Again about time tables, and some interesting sites

Michał Borsuk michal.borsuk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 14:05:37 GMT 2010

Am 06.12.2010 14:54, schrieb Andrei Klochko:
> Hi,
> That is simply not true. I know what I am doing.

I would like to believe it as well, but as I know copyright laws (not of
France, but of other countries), to me it also sounds weird.

What I could suggest is to have an official, written advice of a legal
firm that what you want to do is indeed legal. What we simply find
strange is that France would leave such a loophole. It is specifically
closed in the legal systems of most other countries by stating
"non-sequential reading of records, not leading to the copying of the
entire database". And reading all timetables DOES NOT constitute a
recreation of a database, because you are indeed doing a "sequential
copying". It does not matter how you process the data, the sequential
reading is important.

Again, this is how it is defined in many countries, but perhaps not in
France. Stay cautious. Ask another lawyer?

Greetings, and good luck.

--
Best regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen, meilleurs sentiments, Pozdrowienia,

Michał Borsuk