[Talk-transit] Again about time tables, and some interesting sites

Michał Borsuk michal.borsuk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:07:57 GMT 2010

Am 06.12.2010 15:26, schrieb Andrei Klochko:
> Hello,
> Yes, in France it's even worse: "the database producer may forbid any
> quantitatively or quantitatively substantial extraction from his
> database, by all means and in any form"
> BUT you have this counterpart: "when a database is made available to
> the public by the holder of the rights, then he cannot forbid [among
> other things] the extraction AND reuse of a quantitatively or
> qualitatively non substantial part of the database, by the person who
> has licit access to it".
So after all us, the "grumpy old men", were right.
> I only put this line here, to ask the question: what, if many
> different people, decide to all take one timetable, and then reuse it
> as they want, like for example, by publishing it in a centralized site?
Then this is the wrong group. Ask a lawyer!

> as these people are not part of a single company, they have no bound
> with each other, they just chose to do what they are entitled to do,
> i.e. reusing these timetables, in a unique web place...
Who cares whether they are bound or not?

> These are two ways I explore at the moment.
You seem to know nothing of civil law, and you're elaborating about it.
That is very dangerous to yourself, and to OSM-- if you ever plan to
import anything to it. Ignorantia iuris nocet.

> Here the data is made publicly available...and if the transporters are
> the ultimate producers of the data, then taking it from every
> transporter is only copying THEIR "database", which is not big enough
> to make a database. You see?
No, I don't.

--
Best regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen, meilleurs sentiments, Pozdrowienia,

Michał Borsuk