[Talk-transit] Osm and Android = Osmand

Andrei Klochko transportsplan3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 20:53:07 GMT 2010

hi,
Precisely, are there no copyright issues in taking the name of bus
stops, what line stops there, the order of the stops on a line, and
ultimately, the whole bus route of a line, and all the routes and bus
stops of a single company? Or do you ask permission every time to the
company? And no, it is not always sufficient to tell the company you
mean it no harm. It is often sufficient, but not always: some
companies will stay closed far longer than you may imagine. So legal
issues are always part of the question, although i have to admit this
osmand project looks great, as an application project. And of course,
i also admit that, by gathering compliance from companies, you can
already make a respectable transport map. I am just sad that these
days, it is alwas google that ultimately wins. They are too clever...