[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) teddy at teddy.ch
Wed Dec 8 19:44:16 GMT 2010

Hello

Yes, the Public Transport proposal is basically based on Oxomoa, but in
some details different.

unified stoparea would "redefine" highway=bus_stop from beside the way
to on the way. I'm quite sure this would reject the proposal in a vote.

unified stoparea and public transport can and do exist beside each
other. But you are right, it does not make sense to approve both proposals.

I do not care about which of the two proposals will be approved. But I
think it is time to get a more exact schema approved then the
fuzzy/non-existing schema (A railway station of 400m length and 20
platforms or a bus stop for 3 buses per direction of 50m length is
reduced to one node) we have now.

Regards
Teddych