[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Oleksandr Vlasov alexander.vlasov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:35:26 GMT 2010

Dominik Mahrer (Teddy <teddy <at> teddy.ch> writes:

> Yes, the Public Transport proposal is basically based on Oxomoa, but in
> some details different.
>
> unified stoparea would "redefine" highway=bus_stop from beside the way
> to on the way. I'm quite sure this would reject the proposal in a vote.
>
> unified stoparea and public transport can and do exist beside each
> other. But you are right, it does not make sense to approve both proposals.
>
> I do not care about which of the two proposals will be approved. But I
> think it is time to get a more exact schema approved then the
> fuzzy/non-existing schema (A railway station of 400m length and 20
> platforms or a bus stop for 3 buses per direction of 50m length is
> reduced to one node) we have now.

Hello,

me neither, I'm just waiting that issue (practice vs unified stoparea vs public
transport) to be solved in some manner. Basically, nobody wants to spend time
tagging something what will be retagged shortly.

Anyway, that looks reasonable, so I'm probably going to use that proposal as a
guideline.

Regards,