[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) teddy at teddy.ch
Fri Dec 10 05:29:16 GMT 2010

On 12/10/2010 01:45 AM, Richard Mann wrote:
> highway=bus_stop on a node next to a road
> railway=tram_stop on a node on railway=tram
> railway=platform on a node or way or area next to the tram tracks

This is how you are using it.
It is inconsistent.
It is incomplete.
It is historic.

Beside your opinion there exist other, better schema that are _in use_:
- Oxomoa (draft)
- Public Transport (proposal)
- unified stoparea (proposal)
- stop place (proposal)
- several variations of the four listed schema.

If we go on waiting to approve one of them, the number of ideas and
proposals will grow and the variations of them will increase too. This
is not what OSM is designed for. OSM is useless if everyone makes it
different.

Regards
Teddych