[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 20:11:21 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Michał Borsuk <michal.borsuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> If so, then may I ask if we really need this role? Could you provide an
> example, as I may not completely understand the details?

I was thinking about a relation like this:

(This is unordered and doesn't have stops in it yet, unless someone
else has done it).

The bits on the loops at each end are legitimate for travelling in
both forward and backward directions, and it wouldn't obviously be any
clearer if the relation got separated into two directions.

I'm not sure it needs roles on the nodes at all - an ordered list of
nodes would probably give a data user all they need, and they could
perfectly well treat the list as circular rather than linear to cover
loop situations.

Richard

Richard