[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:39:07 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) <teddy at teddy.ch> wrote:
> Especially see the German talk page. I would like to approve a tagging
> schema that is clearly defined. Doing this with new tags is portably the
> easiest way. Redefining highway=bus_stop on or beside the way seams to be
> nearly impossible. Again: Have a look at the German talk page.

The English-language discussion appears to have long reached a
consensus (except for you).

My German is not sufficient to follow the discussion, but clearly
there are more people arguing each way, and shouting about it.

If some people wish to use highway=bus_stop on the road, with
highway=platform alongside, that can perfectly well be deciphered by
software, and clearly documented as an alternative approach, and tag
stats displayed to show which is dominant where. It does not need a
public_transport key to confuse matters further.

Richard