[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:52:59 GMT 2010

I'm one of the people who would like to add data about Public Tranportation.
Since nobody likes to have to enter the same data several times, I can
understand the need for a 'definitive' way to map PT in such a way that all
downstream users (map rendereres, routers, etc) have the information they
need to work with. Apparently the system that you want to call established
does not completely cater for that, so people come up with improvements.

I like the proposal, the only thing I don't like about it is the massive
duplication of information in the route relations, which will make it harder
to maintain them in the long run. But I see why we would do it that way.
Maybe I'll come up with a proposal for 'proto-relations' made up of other
'routepart'-relations some time. Those could get converted to the massively
duplicated relations automatically then.

Cheers,

Jo