[Talk-transit] Conversation on this list (was: Proposed Feature - RFC - Public Transport)

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Dec 15 06:37:08 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 07:10 +0100, Michał Borsuk wrote:

> You only have failed to notice a certain manipulation by Dominik. What
> he posted here was my private communication with him. I was simply
> annoyed by his repeated offensive behaviour.
>
> Sorry, but what is between me and him personally is not your business.

Maybe you sent more to him, but the only part that was posted here were
2 sentences, one of you using profane language and another threatening
to have him banned from the list, because he didn't 'behave' like you
told him to.

If you have such power to be telling mailing list users what to do, then
exercise that power and remove him, or live with the fact that some
people will disagree and sometimes things may be discussed more than
once on a mailing list.

> And I do have a right to feel offended, and to react.

Sure, everyone has that right.  A quick read through the previous weeks
emails on this topic though, shows no reason why anyone should feel
offended.  The closest Ive found, was you suggesting that someone was
making accusations about mappers, which was answered politely and
correctly.

> Surely personal accusations from one member towards the others do not
> help to maintain a clear discussion.

Lets just be clear, this was the flow of conversation:

> > > My understanding for those they have put hundreds of tags
> > > on/beside the way. They do not want to move them (in which
> > > direction ever).
>
> > Do you have any other personal accusations towards other mappers?
>
> This is not an accusation, this is the only plausible reason I heard
> until now for not changing the old schema.

I'm failing to see any accusation there, and most definitely not a
'personal accusation', given the use of the word 'they'.

David