[Talk-transit] Station micromapping ?

Fips Schneider osm at fips-schneider.de
Wed Dec 15 10:51:19 GMT 2010

Cool! If there is a second person, the motivation will be much bigger ;-)

The place seems to be right - and if it is finished, it can be moved to the
"main" page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Railway_stations I guess.

It gonna be a long way, because there are some issues to solve - but perhaps its
a good idea to start :-) I'd really like to peer-review your draft.

For example:
- - how to solve the "multiple nodes with railway=station" problem? I always put
the node into the building and used only "public_transport=stop_position" etc.
See also here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/unified_stoparea

I don't know what about my time till the mid of January, but I guess there will
be time :-)

Anyone else interested also?

Perhapse some ideas will need new Keys, so these can be added to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Railway_stations/Proposals

So far - Fips

P.S.: another example - a subway station with undercrossing, steps and vending
machines - station "Weißer Stein" in Frankfurt
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.156292&lon=8.657158&zoom=18&layers=M

- --