[Talk-transit] NaPTAN MET and PLT codes

Jonathan Raper jonathan.raper at placr.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 14:18:24 GMT 2010

Folks,

Apologies for the newbie question, but I cannot find out the answer
to this on the OSM Wiki or in the talk-transit archives.

Does the version of NaPTAN passed to OSM contain MET and PLT codes
(http://www.pti.org.uk/met.htm), and if so, will they get OSM tags?

Comments in the table here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Tag_mappings#Tram.2FMetro.2FUnderground_Stations
suggest they are not in the released data.

I am liaising with GLA at present regarding TfL's release of data to
the London DataStore... and these codes are important potential
referencing for the output of live departures, timetabling and
juorney planning. If the codes are not in the public domain, then we
can't use them as a referencing system... but if they are not in the
public domain, developers will create another set of references.
Circular problem!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jonathan
--