[Talk-transit] OSM / OPNV-Karte to Excel/SVG

Christoph Boehme christoph at b3e.net
Wed Jan 20 15:18:11 GMT 2010

Hi Tiziano,

I am not aware of any tools which can do what you want out of the box.
but here are some ideas which might be helpful for you:

I use Xapi [1] a lot to retrieve only a specific portion of the OSM data
for a large area (e.g. all relations with a route=bus tag).

Once I have osm file with all the data I need, I find it quite
convenient to use xslt to convert the xml data into other formats. I
have some scripts that might be helpful to get the grip of xslt. If you
are interested I can sent them to you. I use these scripts for example
to convert nodes or ways from osm into sql insert statements, but you
can easily create a csv files as well.

Topological maps can be created with mapnik which supports outputting
svg files. If you use version 0.6.0 or newer you can directly use an osm
file as data source.

I do not know of any tool to create a straight line graph of a way. I
thought a while ago about writing a tool to draw such graphs but never
got round to actually do it. My idea was to reproject the input data way
segment by way segment so that it was on a straight line and then feed
this into mapnik.

You could, of course, also write an xslt script which converts the osm
data directly to mapnik.

Cheers,
Christoph

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Xapi