[Talk-transit] GTFS compatibility

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:08:39 BST 2010

Since the JOSM plug_in will become the defacto standard since it will be
used by many people who don't read posts here or understand the issues may I
request that it uses the GTFS tag of stop_name and stop_code rather than the
tag of name.

In one location two stops with the same stop_name actually have different
buses serving them.

At one intersection in Ottawa I have four different bus stops each with
different routes heading in different directions.  Each stop has a physical
stop_code on the stop.  When I ran the import it imported one stop at a
different location to the four on the junction.  I'm unable to tell if it is
one of the four at the junction and should replace the existing mapped ones
or it is the stop before the junction.  The same value in the stop_name
field appears to be used for different stops on the same route.

That way if we are consistent then the rules in the renders can just render
the appropriate stop_code or stop_name if not present.

Many thanks

Cheerio John