[Talk-transit] totally abandoned rails

Heiko Jacobs heiko.jacobs at gmx.de
Sat Jul 31 19:58:59 BST 2010

Michał Borsuk schrieb:
> May I ask why bother? OSM is not a historic map, am I right?. What use
> do I have of the information that once here there was a railway when
> there are no traces, nothing to be found, nothing to be feared?

There are a lot of things inside OSM that for my opinion are bothering.
But I don't delete them ...

Cartinus schrieb:
 > You don't have to dig. Medieval maps are certainly out of copyright.

... and out of coordinates ...
surveying with suitable precision started long time after medieval ...

It seems that you both don't read my first mail?

Heiko Jacobs schrieb:
 > Sometimes the "traces" of a railway are very "virtual":
 > Sometimes no trace exist anymore

For this I'm searching a word ...

Another word I found for this sort of historic ways:

razed

So at the moment 4 words may be good candidates for it:
- transformed
- converted
- removed
- razed