[Talk-transit] Bus stops in North America from GTFS data

Roger Slevin roger at slevin.plus.com
Fri Jun 11 12:46:34 BST 2010

Richard

What is available on the national NextBuses service for Oxfordshire is
scheduled departure times - as it is for all stops nationwide.

The Oxontimes site provides real-time information where it is available ...
and I think it offers scheduled times where real-time info is not available.
But it also has another quirk - a bus which is not offering real-time
information on a route which should be doing so (as a result of a technical
failure, perhaps) is not being reported on Oxontimes, as I understand it.  I
think this is the only realtime system in the UK that has taken this view -
everyone else shows scheduled times for buses which, for whatever reason,
are unable to provide realtime information.

C'est la vie!

Roger