[Talk-transit] Proposed changes to oxomoa schema [part 2: stops]

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 07:23:05 BST 2010

Shouldn't we keep the schema to something that is easily compatible with the
Google Transit GTFS format instead of developing something different all
together? I believe the GTFS was developed after extensive research on how
transit companies actually manage their data and how that data can be used
for routing. On the plus side the entire specification documentation and
tools have been released under cc-by-sa. in addition to which transit
agencies are making their feed public
too<http://code.google.com/p/googletransitdatafeed/wiki/PublicFeeds>,
making it easy to update routes.

I haven't had the time to go through the proposed osm transit schema in
detail, but i would hope that in the end, it would allow easy conversion to
and from GTFS. This hasnt got anything to do with me supporting google
transit, but just that i feel that the format is quite comprehensive and
indepth, And in future when an OSM transit app comes out, agencies would be
able to easily publish their data in the OSM schema as well without much
hassle.

--
http://j.mp/ArunGanesh