[Talk-transit] NaPTAN - Time for the rest?

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sat Mar 13 17:25:22 GMT 2010

I would certainly hope that any updates are not used to overwrite
existing local edits. I have spent far too many hours checking and
updating the data to have a newer version overwrite it. A smart merge
would be more useful, I would write it if required.

As too 'dumping in' the remaining county data I would prefer that it is
handled locally where possible. The NaPTAN data is useful and good in
parts but needs checking and improving too.

I think too much data is imported just because it is available - I
prefer imports to add value. NaPTAN can add value but that is best
realised by someone local to the import managing it.

Cheers, Chris