[Talk-transit] NaPTAN - Time for the rest?

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Tue Mar 16 18:33:18 GMT 2010

Thomas Wood wrote:
> On 13 March 2010 17:25, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
>
>> ... NaPTAN can add value but that is best
>> realised by someone local to the import managing it.
>>

> I would argue that NaPTAN does add value in undermapped parts of the
> country - the vast majority of NaPTAN stops are correct.

I agree that NaPTAN can and does add value and I expect that the data
will get imported. Peter's suggestion of using more up-to-date data for
the areas that have not yet been imported makes good sense.

there are errors in the data and these errors are usually only corrected
by someone checking the stops on the ground.  Most of the errors I have
found in the 2100 stops I've checked are not related to position, but
about 6% of all these stops were missing on the ground.

Cheers, Chris