[Talk-transit] [Talk-GB] NaPTAN - Time for the rest?

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 07:09:34 GMT 2010

Gregory wrote:
> Ah, I hadn't seen http://openbusmap.org/ / http://www.öpnvkarte.de/
> <http://www.xn--pnvkarte-m4a.de/> before.
> It looks cool and I sometimes want to know the route the buses take (in
> a non-schematic way). Just a quick look of my parents place and I've
> spotted two routes that are slightly off.

It does look a nice render - I was impressed that the IOW Steam Railway
shows as well as the 'main line' train. All the ferries too! This beats
several of the commercial maps, my car still refuses to believe in the
Southampton-Cowes fairy!

It only appears to go to Zoom 13 though - not quite big enough to read
the print, without getting out of my chair...

I shall show it to some folk & see what enthusiasm it can engender :)

Mark