[Talk-transit] [Talk-GB] NaPTAN - Time for the rest?

Tiziano D'Angelo tiziano.dangelo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 09:32:09 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 22:08, Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Oh, that also get's me thinking. What about routes that are occasionally
> extended? I wouldn't like the extension to show up with it being clear it is
> infrequent? Or should I just trust people to look up the timetables (or use
> a timetable & OSM mash up serivce that is going to be created).

I've go the same issue, in my town Padova, some routes are extended or
shortened at evenings and on Sundays/holidays. I have started mapping the
extended/shortened routes as separate relations, using opening_hours to
specifiy the operating times (occasionally I used also day_on, but
opening_hours supports both day and time).
For now, these "special" routes have been tagged with network=APS Mobilità
Serale or network=APS Mobilità Festivo (Serale=evening,
Festivo=sunday/holidays) instead of the usual network=APS Mobilità. Roland
Olbricht's public transport sketch renderer can indeed distinguish between
the different operating times/network.

Unfortunately, Openbusmap/OPNV still can't distinguish between these lines
and the regular ones, sharing the same ref number.
and, actually, Is anybody planning a routing+timetable website with OSM
mashup??? I don't have the skills to develop such a thing, but I can help
with testing and smaller developing.

I know www.cityadvisor.net which is a routing program for Windows Mobile
smartphones and supports frequences or full timetables (databases in XML
format + a database creator), still without mapping support.
Maybe it would be nice to cooperate with the developer, we got the maps, and
he has got the timetables-based routing

ciao
Tiziano