[Talk-transit] public transport time tables

McGuire, Matthew Matt.McGuire at metc.state.mn.us
Thu Nov 4 19:39:55 GMT 2010

Many public transit agencies in the US make their GTFS or General Transit Feed Specification (formerly Google Transit Feed Specification), data publicly available.

A lot of them are here:
http://www.gtfs-data-exchange.com/agencies

I can speak for all agencies, but I know first-hand that the download information for one is correct and regularly updated.

Open source routing software, Graph Server is capable of importing GTFS and using them to plan trips.
http://graphserver.github.com/graphserver/

Knock yourself out!

Matt