[Talk-transit] public transport time tables

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 19:52:25 GMT 2010

@ Michal: I know about öpnvkarte, but I keep mapping public transport
routes. The ultimate goal is the data, maps and routers are good but not
necessary.

@Matthew: not all public transport agencies are giving there data. I heard
the Flemish PT agency (De Lijn) is going to give there data to Google. I
tried to convince them to make it open (a while ago), but they didn't listen
to a little person. So in Belgium, we are dependent on the bad "De Lijn"
routing site. We can't get the data offline or in a router if we want to
stay legal. A kind of siter project would be a solution to this. Maybe with
generic tags if exact times aren't known. Tags which mean "passes every 10
minutes between 7am and 10pm".

regards,
Sander