[Talk-transit] NPTDR in the datastore

Peter J Stoner stonerpj at mytraveline.info
Mon Sep 27 00:03:32 BST 2010

In message on 26 Sep 2010,  Steven Chamberlain  wrote:

> On 21/09/10 19:03, Peter J Stoner wrote:
>> The October 2009 public transport timetable data for Scotland, England
>> and Wales is now released as opendata in

>> http://data.gov.uk/dataset/nptdr

> Hi,

> That's great news!  I feel there's plenty of free, open UK public
> transport data available now to have a good play around with.

> Many thanks to Traveline, DfT, data.gov.uk and more for making this happen.

> People have been asking for APIs, and easier ways to access the data,
> because the NaPTAN and NPTDR datasets on data.gov.uk only seem to be
> available as a single large ZIP file.  And the formats are a bit scary.

> If anyone wants to look at contents of the large NPTDR ZIP file without
> downloading all of it, I've extracted a extracted copy at:

> http://opendb.steven.hosting.pyro.eu.org/datasets/nptdr/files/

Steven

This looks very helpful.  Trust it is ok that I have referred to it at
http://travelinedata.org.uk/repository.htm

Thanks

--
Peter J Stoner
UK Coordinator         www.travelinedata.org.uk

Traveline Information Ltd company number 3826797
Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, LONDON WC2B 5HA
- join us at the Traveline Conference on 9 September 2010
http://traveline10.eventbrite.htm