[Talk-transit] Summary of Public Transport Proposal Criticism -> a real example from Zürich

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 17:09:08 GMT 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Michael von Glasow
<michael at vonglasow.com> wrote:
> if I may just comment on the relation: I would also use "stop"
> rather than "forward_stop" and "backward_stop" for the roles since the
> outward and return directions of a spoon route are somewhat hard to tell
> apart. (Unless one stop in the loop is formally designated as the terminus
> where services routinely end.)

You have to use forward_stop and backward_stop if you combine the two
directions in one relation, otherwise the same-named stop in the two
directions don't get combined on the line diagram. I think if you use
two relations, one for each direction, it combines them regardless of
role (and even if there's no role).

{I don't know what it does if there are both platform and stop nodes -
possibly puts them both in}

Richard