[Talk-transit] Summary of Public Transport Proposal Criticism -> a real example from Zürich

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:45:15 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) <teddy at teddy.ch> wrote:
> I did not play around with actual renderers, but in theory the renderer
> should be able to get the diagram out of the order of the stops, regardless
> of the role. If one stop is twice in the route relation it should be obvious
> that it has to be some kind of loop. So in theory forward_stop and
> backward_stop can be replaced by the role stop.

In theory data users should be able to do without roles at all (though
they might appreciate some help if there are a lot of
direction-specific stop names), and data users should be encouraged
not to depend on them.

I think the "simplified" advice is that roles aren't required (but
that if you want to make the line-diagram service work with a
two-directions relation, then - for the moment - you need to do xyz).

Can anyone point me to a route relation with platform & stop members,
so I can check how the line-diagram service works in that situation?

Richard