[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - 2nd RFC - Public Transport

Albin Michlmayr almich at gmx.at
Wed Jan 12 10:10:12 GMT 2011

Am Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:21:41 +0100
schrieb Michał Borsuk <michal.borsuk at gmail.com>:

> On 11 January 2011 18:59, Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) <teddy at teddy.ch>
> wrote:
>
> > I began searching for alternatives and found Oxomoa, unified
> > stoparea, stop place and others. All are created because the
> > current schema is not able to represent all eventualities.
>
> It doesn't have to. It is an S-function, reaching 100% costs much
> more than reaching 99%.

I pretty much came the same way Dominik did. I am also a public
transport fanatic. And I like to map small details and it makes me joy
to when a bus route crossing a roundabout uses one half of the
roundabout in one direction and the other half in the other direction.
Till now I had the impression that openstreetmap follows the philosophy
"Everybody maps as detailed as he likes". And for enthusiasts it is not
only a question of efficency and costs but also of joy, and isn't it
because of enthusiasts that openstreetmap exist?

If not and if this detailed public transport mapping is not preferred
in osm please tell me, then I will find my joy somewhere else.

> I am open to change my proposal. I am also open to approve a
> completely
> > different schema. Michał, please feel free to tell me what to
> > change to improve the proposal. To say this proposal has a "bad
> > learning curve" may be correct, but it does not help further.
>
> In another topic.

I am looking forward to that!

Albin (Almich)