[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - 2nd RFC - Public Transport

Michał Borsuk michal.borsuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:17:04 GMT 2011

Am 12.01.2011 15:50, schrieb ant:
> Hi,
>

> Ok, nobody is forced into a complicated tagging scheme. Anybody who is
> uncomfortable with relations, advanced editors or whatever should just
> put a node to each bus stop. That's fine.
And that's what we're about to standarize.

> Another mapper will come and turn it into a stop area and update the
> route relations.
Exactly. But this entire process needs a website, hence this discussion
here.
> [...] People will develop standalone OSM routing applications for
> public transport and won't accept any dependency on external websites...
No, they won't. It's too complicated, and too expensive to maintain. I
can bet on it (sadly). Those who claim otherwise have not seen the real
data, or they think that a bus starts from a terminus, ends at another
terminus, and does it N times a day. It's not at all that easy. (Some
people may want to simply copy Google Transit data, but again, Google
Transit at present covers very small area.)

Greetngs,

--
Best regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen, meilleurs sentiments, Pozdrowienia,

Michał Borsuk