[Talk-transit] Proposed Feature - 2nd RFC - Public Transport

Carsten Schönert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Wed Jan 12 20:03:24 GMT 2011

Hello,

Am 12.01.2011 15:22, schrieb Vincent Pottier:
> Le 12/01/2011 11:10, Albin Michlmayr a écrit :
>> I pretty much came the same way Dominik did. I am also a public
>> transport fanatic. And I like to map small details and it makes me joy
>> to when a bus route crossing a roundabout uses one half of the
>> roundabout in one direction and the other half in the other direction.
> I like precision too. But on that point I think it's a mistake to cut
> roundabouts for routing.
> Included in a route, a roundabout has an entry point, a outgoing point
> and a oneway circulation.

Of course has a roundabout a start and finishing point, and this points
are the same. For me is it not visible there this point is, but this
also does not intereset me.

For the renderer is this one way, even the whole roundabout. Look
further! For every routing the routerer have know there the roundabout
has to be left. How should this going if the end of this way is also the
starting point? Your nice OSM based navi is send thrue the roundabout
again and again and again ... :-)

> So it is very easy to comput the part of the
> roundabout used by the route without cuting it.
> A roundabout is to be considered as a cross, just a big cross.

Once again, from where should the navi know there to leave the roundabout?

> I have stopped cutting them when someone explained this easy comput.
> I think roundabouts would be cut only when part of them are bridges.

Whats so differend to bridges in refrence to a relation, or road over
half europe? I think it's only correct to split the roundabout into peaces.

With not splitted roundabout will every check of the relation in order
of the correct order of the elements fail! That whould make my life not
realy easier.

for example
http://ra.osmsurround.org/osm.jsp?relationId=93622
or