[Talk-transit] Public transport proposal

Michał Borsuk michal.borsuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:09:20 GMT 2011

On 01/13/2011 06:16 PM, Oleksandr Vlasov wrote:
> Richard Fairhurst<richard<at>  systemeD.net>  writes:
>
>> It is incumbent on those making the proposal to consider how this
>> might be achieved. Saying "oh, the editor writers are my coding
>> bitches and will happily spend a weekend of their time supporting my
>> latest idea" is not an answer.
>
> Sorry, your point here is not clear. You don't have obligation to implement
> something in the editor you (co-)wrote. You haven't had that obligation before
> either.

Au contraire. Whatever is used, is the law, or is going to become the
law. There is no divine being telling us what to do, so your promise of
"not being obliged to do whatever" is worth nothing. because by using
something you put the obligation on the community.

> Third, there's "don't tag for the renderer" rule. I believe the idea behind that
> rule also implies "don't edit for the editor", i.e. it is OK to reject proposal
> because it is bad/unsuitable/whatever, but it's unwise to reject proposal
> because current implementation of the editor doesn't support that.

Again, on the contrary. We are introducing laws aimed at attracting
beginners. Clearly, the choice of beginners is going to be Potlatch.
Hence we are limited by what is available at the moment.

And let's not forget the popularity contest. Last time I checked, each
of the three editors had an equal share.

Greetings,

LMB