[Talk-transit] Public transport proposal

Claudius Henrichs claudius.h at gmx.de
Thu Jan 13 20:42:59 GMT 2011

Am 13.01.2011 21:33, Michał Borsuk:

> On 13 January 2011 13:59, André Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
> <mailto:andre%2Bjoost at nurfuerspam.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am 13.01.11 13:27, schrieb Richard Fairhurst:
>
>         Could I have your assurance that the proponents of this
>         proposal will
>         also be providing good-quality patches for the three principal
>         editors
>         (Potlatch, JOSM, Merkaartor), with an easy-to-use interface
>         consistent
>         with the rest of the editor?
>

>     A preset for josm is already in progress.
>

> With what's in the proposal? That's pretty arogant, don't you find?
> We haven't decided on the final shape yet.
I don't see any arrogance here. Have you used JOSM before? I guess you
did so you know that presets must be actively downloaded and enabled by
the users hidden in the preferences. Somewhere besides the "Doctors in
Greece", the "OpenPisteMap" and the "Japanese 50 sounds order" presets.
A preset could help testing the proposal during daily work and in the
daily environment to see if it works like it as envisioned. Still I
can't see no arrogance anywhere. And btw I like this do-ocratic part of
JOSM just like some well intentioned exchange of ideas.
Claudius