[Talk-transit] Summary of Public Transport Proposal Criticism

Vincent Privat vincent.privat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:00:11 GMT 2011

2011/1/22 Michał Borsuk <michal.borsuk at gmail.com>

>  In urban regions it is common that a bus line has different routes for
>> the both directions (often one way).
>>

> This doesn't matter as OSM itself is not routing software.
>
>  The more exact the OSM map is, the
>> more likely it is that the two directions do not share the same way for
>> the both directions (the lines of one street are split up).
>>

> Again, this is not an argument as OSM is not a routing software, but a map.
>
> And as a map, we need to make the distinction between different ways, so
the argument is perfectly valid. How would you draw these example maps
without this notion ?

http://tisseo.fr/sites/default/files/Tisseo_hiv01web.pdf
http://tisseo.fr/sites/default/files/Tisseo_hiv03web_0.pdf
http://tisseo.fr/sites/default/files/Tisseo_hiv14web.pdf
http://tisseo.fr/sites/default/files/Tisseo_hiv15web_0.pdf
http://tisseo.fr/sites/default/files/Tisseo_hiv16web.pdf

I agree we can remove the stop_area_group notion, but not this one, this is
really a needed map feature, for a very common situation !