[Talk-transit] Bus/Tram/Metro paths export

Wojciech Kulesza wkulesza at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:11:09 GMT 2011

> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:09:38 +0100
> From: Michael von Glasow <michael at vonglasow.com>
> To: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
>        <talk-transit at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Talk-transit] Bus/Tram/Metro paths export
>
> Ciao Tiziano,
>
> I think I recently came across something which may be of interest to you
> - though I haven't yet tried it myself:
>
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/subway/
>
> This script creates a network sketch (a crude form of the London tube
> map) from OSM data. To make it a tube map, you'd need to move points
> around using a vector graphics editor, the raw output seems to be much
> like the example you sent.

Hi Michael,
thanks for pointing out to that python script.

I inserted my osm file to the same dir where i put subway.py and run it, but
got this error:
D:\goeuropa\osm>python.exe subway.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "subway.py", line 24, in <module>
    class grapher(saxutils.DefaultHandler):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DefaultHandler'

Any idea what could be wrong ?