[Talk-transit] wheelchair=yes/no vs. public_transport=stop_position/platform

Michael Forster email at michael-forster.de
Mon Oct 3 19:49:38 BST 2011

Hi,

According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport
I'm tagging train halts/stations with (at least) two types of OSM
elements:

* A node on the route with public_transport=stop_position
(railway=station/halt).
* A node, way or area next to the route with public_transport=platform
(railway=platform).

Where does the wheelchair=yes/no tag go?

My naive thought was that it should go on the platform, not on the
stop position, because I imagine that it is the platform that
determines the accessibility, not the stop position. (I'm not a
wheelchair user, so I'm guessing).

But my edits keep getting overridden by anonymous edits from
wheelmap.org, which places the tags on the stop position and seems to
ignore the platforms.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Mike