[Talk-transit] Mapping public transport network in Port au Prince

Sébastien Pierrel sebastien.pierrel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:03:58 BST 2011

Hello list,

I'm getting the local mappers of Haiti to map the taptap routes in Port au
Prince.
Has anyone already mapped the transit network of a similar country?

There's a brief mention of shared taxis in the
wiki<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shared_transport>but not very
helpful.

We're considering to tag relations with the following tags:
type=route
route=bus
bus=share_taxi
name=*
(example <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1734930>)

I found 2000+ instances of the key shared_taxi and 250 for share_taxi but I
couldn't locate them.
What tools would you recommend to extract relations? Eventually, we want to
work on this data with qgis/postgis.

Feedback of all sort is much appreciated.

Cheers,
/Seb.