[Talk-transit] GSoC Proposal - further details, still looking for mentor

Pallav Shinghal pshinghal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:14:24 BST 2012

Hi,

I had submitted a proposal earlier, briefly mentioned at:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2012-April/062626.html

I would like to propose a revision/clarification: The route-matching
algorithms here can be useful to OSM. The idea would be to create a way to
index the routes in a way that some kind of "ordering" can be achieved.
This would be a database problem, roughly on the lines of image-matching.

I am very eager to undertake this project, and am still looking for a
mentor.

-Pallav Shinghal