[Talk-transit] Using route part relations in Route relations

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:38:04 BST 2012

Hi,

I mapped all the PT going through my city during the past years. There are
many common parts to these itineraries and it's cumbersome to have to mend
them one by one on a regular basis.

It would be a lot easier if it were possible to create route part
relations, for example from one stop to the next and then be able to use
these relations in the actual route relations. This would enable to map
deviations for longer lasting road works as well.

I could of course simply do this, but then no map rendering will be
displaying them correctly anymore...

If we could, one day, get this through and decided, I can create a Python
script to help with the transition and another one to regularly do quality
control checks. These scripts would run inside JOSM.

Kind regards,

Polyglot