[Talk-transit] Using route part relations in Route relations

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:30:03 BST 2012

On 24/07/12 13:19, Mike N wrote:
> On 7/24/2012 6:38 AM, Jo wrote:
>> It would be a lot easier if it were possible to create route part
>> relations, for example from one stop to the next and then be able to use
>> these relations in the actual route relations. This would enable to map
>> deviations for longer lasting road works as well.

So you want route part which might be used by several different routes
and its variants.

I get your point and have to say I had thought about similar before but
I think it was/will get reject cause of complexity. You will end up with
at least one more level of relations with the relation hierarchy even
though it would save me a lot of work especially where I have several
lines with up to six or seven variants all following the same road.

>   There already exists relation type=route,route=bus. type=route_master
> then includes members of this relation.   Does this address your issue?
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route_master

This is used to get all route variants in one relation

cu
fly