[Talk-transit] Proposal for a new transport tag

Tom Brown thecapcom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:30:37 GMT 2012

2012/3/1 Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com>

> Dana četvrtak, 1. ožujka 2012., korisnik Tom Brown<thecapcom at gmail.com>
> je napisao:
>
> > Regarding your original proposal with Mo-Fr 08:00-23:00 t30:
> > Instead of putting the count of trips in a time period how about giving
> the average headway? When exact times are not provided timetables and
> riders often refer to "how often the bus/train comes". You could represent
> this with strings such as T=20m T=1h T=45s, maybe even T=1m45s.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency#Definitions_and_units
>
> Maybe we could use mine t10 (or h10 for trips per hour and d10 for trips
> per day) and 10m, 10h for time between trips. They are essentially the same
> thing.

Perhaps you (or a collaborator) can setup a test system which consumes the
data (ie render it, generate a time table etc) and allow that experience to
guide your decision. It'll be a worthwhile effort because once people see
the data being used they'll be more motivated to add it.

> > https://developers.google.com/transit/gtfs/reference#frequencies_fields
> > was added to GTFS just over 5 years ago.
> >

> Wow, I don't know how i missed that.
>
> Was there talk about exporting osm transit data to GTFS? I think that
> would make creating GTFS feeds much easier with all the stops, shapes, line
> names and such..

The only tool I've heard of you can find here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=osm%20gtfs