[Talk-transit] Alternative routes

Javier Sánchez javiersanp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:41:23 UTC 2013

Hello

I have some time mapping mainly in Tenerife [1] but this is my first
message in the list, so greetings every body.

Some time ago was discussed here on how to label the frequency of services
on a route [2]. I have some data in GTFS format of an area and I'm
developing an import [3]. The data contains detailed timing information
that can be used to represent not only the main routes to and from, but
those variations that occur at specific times of the day or week. I don't
plan to put complete information about timing , but I would like to include
these alternative routes in the master route relation of the line because I
think they are essential to provide a complete information on how and when
you can reach a place or not. I'm not sure of the convenience of whether to
include or not these deviations of the main route and how to tag them.
Perhaps a tag like note="this services operates only in Sundays" or a more
detailed tag such as transport_frequency that was proposed last year.

What is the current status of this issue? Anyone is mapping alternative
routes such as these? I highly  appreciate any advice or suggestions.

[1] http://osm.org/go/bmAwAD
[2]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-transit/2012-February/001578.html
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tenerife_Bus_Transport_Import